Fatness 2 Fitness

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Halloween Scares Us

I think we can all unanimously agree that the "choco-face" on a child is cute, with their giant glowing grin bursting from a little body satisfied by the incredible taste of chocolate. An openly blatant disregard for manners, hygine or appearance of their faces tells the grown up world..."screw you man...I love chocolate...it makes my tummy happy and gives me hyper-energy to run, jump, yell and annoy the crap out of adults."

The reason I mention the infamous "choco-face" is that I still do it...as a grown adult. I've confessed that I am a junk food junkie, fighting the temptation with better eating habits, working out and Krav Maga, but that chocolate monkey will never be off of my back.

There are three times in the year which specifically try my willpower to avoid candy. Christmas, Easter and Halloween. It's always been this way...especially around Halloween, all the planning, scheming and rationalizing reasons why a big, fat bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or assorted packs of Kit-Kats are "for the kids trick-or-treating" knowing well that I live in an apartment and most likely won't be answering the door anyway.

There are devils and spirits in my neighborhod this Halloween, but this year they're in tiny little wrappers tempting me with their chocolatey delights...getting into my head with the "just one won't hurt", knowing well that I'll have already ate 5 by the time that rationale kicks in. Halloween is scary, but this year it's more specifically focused on the junk food portion of the holiday. Seriously....I've got issues with this stuff! I like to eat candy corn...in fact I can eat loads of it!!! I must be sick.

Tonight we're heading in to the city for Krav Maga...and be assured that I'll be working overtime to make up for the candy I've consumed "for the kids". Maybe this Halloween I'll be like the lady down the street from me growing up and hand out toothbrushes and dental floss to teach good hygine....yeah, right....I'd have to kick my own ass for that move. Regardless...this year I'm skipping the treats (at least in large quantities) and focusing on tricks (meaning practical jokes...and not illegal activites of course).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home